The Larned Area Chamber of Commerce (LACC) and Pawnee County Economic Development Commission (PCEDC) are seeking a dynamic, energetic, and charismatic Program Coordinator to enhance and grow our community-focused organization. The LACC and PCEDC strives to represent, advocate, and encourage the development of businesses and our community by implementing responsible economic development, business retention and community involvement programs. The Chamber is an active and highly respected organization with more than 100 members in a county of approximately 6,700 citizens.
The ideal candidate will portray qualities of project and office management, event and meeting planning, multitasking, strong verbal and written communication, attention to detail through research and design, and proficiency in Microsoft Office. This position will require a minimum of 30 hours per week depending on workload, events, and meetings. Compensation will be determined by applicant’s experience and qualifications.
- Handle all office related tasks including answering phone calls and walk-in visits, responding to email requests for information, Jordaan Room reservations, mailing out information and updating general information for volunteers.
- Perform reception duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner
- Answer visitor and member questions in a positive and welcoming manner
- Maintain community information for visitors and residents (i.e. tourism, rental listings, community organization and business information and contacts, etc.)
- Assist the Director in creating written communications, including but not limited to the weekly member e-newsletters, newspaper articles, website and social media.
- Assist the Director with event planning and implementation, project organization and event timelines.
- Coordinate all projects with the four task force committees (i.e. Business Retention, Community Events, E-Community, and Business Development)
- Manage the daily upkeep of the website – www.larnedks.org.
- Manage Community Calendar, Welcome Bag Program and Chamber Bucks Program.
- Coordinate all Coffee Hours and After Hours Events
- Oversee the planning and execution of all Chamber sponsored business and community events (i.e. Antique Show, Santa Fe Trail Days, Last Chance Golf Tournament, Christmas Celebration, Business Development Events, Community Giveaways, Entrepreneurship, etc.)
- Assist the Director with any additional requirements that may come up from time to time.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors and Executive Director
To apply, please submit via mail, fax or email, a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to the Selection Committee no later than 5:00 pm on Thursday, June 28th. Additional questions may be directed to Alex Filbert.
Larned Area Chamber of Commerce, 502 Broadway, Larned, KS 67550
www.larnedks.org • E: email@example.com • P: 620.285.6916 • F: 620.285.6917